Software Specialist Developer (RPA)
Dar es salaam,
The RPA developer will work cross-functionally with business operations and business analysts to create and optimize workflow processes. The incumbent will also lead initiatives related to designing and managing workflow automation projects, testing and fixing bugs. To be successful, experience in technologies including UiPath and Automation Anywhere will be required
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Design, develop, and test automation workflows
• Reviewing the code and the design and also providing expertise in the development, and integration of systems
• Work with Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
• Configuring new automation with efficient and easily understandable automation tools
• Collaborate with development team members to ensure proper implementation and integration of the solutions.
• Support deployments or troubleshoot production issues outside of work hours and participate in an on-call rotation as-needed.
• Maintain/Improve current knowledge of relevant technologies and business processes.
• System Management: Proactively monitor System performance and ensure Availability of services is above 99.999%
• System Security and Compliance: Ensure all Charging Infrastructure and Applications are well secured and all products and service integrations align with policies, processes and best practices also Perform checklists and User reviews as assigned by line Manager.
• Self-Development: Being up to date with technology
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Agile and lean programming and development of software systems in Web-scale environments
• Backlog item estimation
• Unit, integration, smoke and static code analysis testing
• experience working on Robotic Process Automation (RPA) w/one of market leading RPA platforms: UI Path, Automation Anywhere, and/or Blue Prism
• Software incident and problem management
• Must have knowledge of the following databases i.e. MariaDB, MySQL, MongoDB.
• Vast knowledge of Operating systems such as LINUX etc.
• Continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
• DevOps culture, processes, and tools
• Cloud-native architectures, including public cloud PaaS / IaaS, micro-services architectures, API
• Flexibility to deal with changing projects and priorities in a short space of time
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn new methods and processes
• Strong communications skills, with the ability to distil difficult technical concepts into simple and actionable modules
• Strong time-management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple balls, and comfortable working under pressure
• Good understanding of the business capability / user journey, wider organizational goals, and desired product business outcomes
• Understanding of both the current Telecommunications and digital services market and emerging business and technology trends
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field
• Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, LSD, and FDD
• 2+ years experience in programming languages such as visual basic, C#, C/C++, Python, ASP, PHP, Java
• Experience working in cloud-native environments
• Experience developing and consuming APIs
• Professional experience and knowledge of the telecommunications industry preferred
• Hands on experience on RPA tools and cognitive platforms such as UiPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, etc. UiPath experience is highly preferred